Manufacturing Engineer, Assembly
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer, Assembly
Location: Hicksville, NY
Our company is seeking a manufacturing engineer experienced in developing tools and fixtures for a wide variety of new customer products in our high-mix, low run job shop type environment in Hicksville, NY. You will develop, plan, design, implement and support manufacturing processes, tooling and procedures for production assembly of customer and internally developed designs supporting Aerospace, Medical, Semiconductor and Industrial markets. Our broad customer base provides us rapidly changing and diverse challenges. You will be required to quickly evaluate customer requirements and to collaborate with customers and others to provide feedback regarding the manufacturability constraints and opportunities of manufacturing operation.
You will develop piece part models and drawings, assembly instructions and inspection plans for assembly processes. This documentation will need to be developed without physical product and updated during the pilot builds. At the completion of pilot builds, design for manufacturability will be reviewed and updates to process and design will be implemented with production and our customer.
Experience with permanent magnets, the technical expertise to apply principals of physics, use of adhesives, clean-room assembly and the ability to take a leadership role in driving Continuous Improvement / Lean projects to elevate product performance in engineering is preferred. You will work with our engineering and operations teams to develop manufacturing capabilities to meet cost, delivery and quality goals.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, self-starter with a high degree of confidence, excellent analytical skills, a strong understanding of engineering principles and a highly developed understanding of assembly processes. A bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, mechanical or industrial engineering, 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering, strong mechanical aptitude and technical leadership skills, experience with the assembly of the ability to create and maintain accurate documentation of tool drawings and design concepts, and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in production is required.
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR WAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION.
Experience with permanent magnets, the technical expertise to apply the principals of physics, the use of adhesives and the ability to take a leadership role in driving Continuous Improvement / Lean projects to elevate product performance in engineering is preferred. The follow qualifications are required:
Qualifications and Job Demands
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing / Industrial / or Mechanical Engineering field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of manufacturing engineering experience supporting assembly operations.
- Demonstrated leadership in new product introduction in a high-mix, low-run assembly manufacturing operation.
- Must be able work well in a permanent magnet high-mix, low run manufacturing work environment that requires fast response to rapidly changing and diverse challenges.
- High level of expertise in manufacturing and assembly techniques including use of adhesives, tooling, automation and specialized processes to lower costs and improve throughput.
- Ability to effectively lead within a team and cross functionally to expedite completion of critical project tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and to create highly effective solutions; experience with tool and fixture design, testing and procurement.
- Strong general computing skills such as MS Office, Web browsers, MRP, etc.
- Strong engineering computing skills such as SolidWorks, etc.
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Excellent technical report writing and persuasive presentation skills – including ability to appropriately present technical information to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills.
Email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.