Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Position Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Our company is seeking an experienced manufacturing engineer to work on a wide variety of new customer product introductions in our permanent magnet high-mix, low run job shop type manufacturing work environment in Elk Grove Village, IL. You will assist during prototype, pilot production and volume production to design and validate manufacturing and assembly techniques including tooling, automation and specialized processes to lower costs and improve throughput. Our broad customer base provides us rapidly changing and diverse challenges. Your sophisticated manufacturing engineering capability will enable you to quickly evaluate customer requirements and to collaborate with customers and others to provide effective feedback regarding the manufacturability constraints and opportunities of our manufacturing operation.
You will work with our engineering and operations teams to develop, design and validate new and existing manufacturing and assembly techniques to meet all cost and quality goals and improve throughput of our customer component manufactured products. You will develop piece part blueprints, standards, instructions and mistake proofing to improve manufacturability and reduce subjectivity and selectively understand the boundaries of print compliance to avoid trial-and-error exercises during new product introduction. Provide manufacturability input to the engineering design, tool designs, planning, factory layout and change integration to improve our ability to assemble and machine product in a consistent and repeatable manner that enables continuous improvement of product quality, cost and schedule. The ideal candidate will be an independent, self-starter with a high degree of confidence, excellent analytical skills, a strong understanding of engineering principles and a highly developed understanding of component development.
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR WAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION.
Experience with permanent magnets, the technical expertise to apply the principals of physics, the use of adhesives and the ability to take a leadership role in driving Continuous Improvement / Lean projects to elevate product performance in engineering is preferred. The follow qualifications are required:
Qualifications and Job Demands
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing / Industrial / or Mechanical Engineering field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years line management or supervision experience in a job shop environment.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and to create highly effective solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership in new product introduction in a high-mix, low-run manufacturing operation.
- Strong general computing skills such as MS Office, Web browsers, MRP, etc.
- Strong engineering computing skills such as SolidWorks, etc.
- Excellent oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Excellent technical report writing and presentation skills – including ability to appropriately present technical information to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete multiple, concurrent projects.
- LEAN / continuous improvement principles within manufacturing experience desired including root cause analysis and the development of FIFO manufacturing plans.
Email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.