Overcoming the challenges presented by applications in the fields of aerospace and defense is a core competency of Dexter. Leading players in these markets select Dexter as their source for solutions because they realize the permanent magnetic expertise which Dexter brings to the application. From superior design and analysis to top-of-the-line machining and assembly processes, Dexter has been the prominent magnetic expert in this field for more than 30 years.
Dexter designs and assembles exceptionally reliable rare earth systems which are robust enough to survive the most extreme environmental conditions. We comply to MIL-I-45208, ITAR and DFARS requirements with our facilities certified to AS9100 Rev D, which will ensure we are meeting the standards and requirements for aviation, space and defense. Dexter designs are mission critical.
The applications below require highly engineered magnetic solutions. Dexter has the equipment, engineering know-how and people to develop these systems and to bring them to market.
- Fuel Gage Magnets and assemblies
- Guidance systems – Arial, Ground Based (Joystick control)
- Radar – motor actuation and circulators
- Flap/Fin Actuation and Locking
- Rotor assemblies (electric drive systems)
- Magnetic Sensors (mechanical switch mechanisms)
- Cooling devices (IR detection sensors)
- Parylene Conformal Coatings (lightweight environmental protection)